You do the running, the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music does the thinking. It even gets to know you, mile after mile and song after song.
- Sync with music streaming services, such as Spotify, to easily store and play your favourite songs
- Evaluates your current training status and offers additional performance monitoring features
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
- Safety and tracking features, such as built-in incident detection*, make it easy to share your location
- Battery life: Up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; up to 6 hours in GPS mode with music
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music has storage for your favourite tunes, so you can keep moving to the music without having to lug your phone along. It also tracks your stats, crunches the numbers and gets to know about your performance, running form, training history and even your goals. All you need to focus on is putting one foot in front of the other.
Let the music play
If you can’t run without the perfect playlist, you won’t be able to run without the Forerunner 245 Music. Sync your carefully crafted playlists from select music streaming services – such as Deezer and Spotify – to your watch for ad-free listening. You can even store up to 500 songs right on your watch. It’s easy to transfer music from your computer and then queue up your favourite playlist for easy listening through headphones* enabled with Bluetooth technology.
Advanced performance analytics
The Forerunner 245 Music offers personalised training and recovery insight for smarter training decisions, helping you prepare for your next race. It keeps tab on your VO2 max and understands how heat and altitude impact your performance. Training status evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching. Recovery time helps you maximise the benefit of your efforts by predicting when you will be ready for your next tough challenge. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
Analyse your running form
The Forerunner 245 Music GPS smartwatch also has the tools you need to improve your running form. The watch measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These measurements are the key to understanding your form, so you can bring your best on every run and at every race. Your Forerunner 245 Music can start tracking these metrics with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband.
Stay connected on the run
The Forerunner 245 Music makes it easy to run without leaving important smart features behind. Once paired with your compatible smartphone, you’ll be able to receive text messages and see social media updates, emails and more right on your wrist. And new safety and tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts in case you need assistance – manually or automatically with built-in incident detection*, if needed. So, lace up your shoes and head out with a little extra peace of mind.
Wellness and advanced sleep monitoring
The Forerunner 245 Music smartwatch has tools to help keep tabs on your overall well-being and the sleep you’re getting at night. This wrist-based sensor estimates your body’s blood oxygen saturation, which can help gauge how your body is absorbing oxygen – especially while you sleep. And to give you an idea of how you’re sleeping, Forerunner 245 Music tracks your light, deep and REM stages of sleep, along with movement throughout the night.
It also features all-day stress monitoring for wellness tracking during the day. If your stress level starts to climb, use the relaxation breathing timer for a few minutes of guided breathing, which can help calm your mind and body. And to help you optimise your body’s energy, Body Battery energy monitoring uses collected data to gauge your energy reserves at any moment, so you can plan your day to optimise times for activity and rest.
- Water Resistance Rating Swim, 5 ATM
- Bluetooth Yes
- GPS Yes
- Wi-Fi Yes
- Dimensions 42.3 x 42.3 x 12.2mm
- Weight 38.5g
- Resolution 240 x 240 Pixels
- Size 30.4mmmm
- Type Sunlight-Visible, Transflective Memory-in-Pixel
- Activity Tracking Step counter, Move bar, Auto goal, Sleep monitoring, Calories burned, Distance traveled, Intensity minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ, Body Battery Energy Monitor and All-day Stress Tracking
- Safety Features Incident Detection during select activities, Assistance, LiveTrack, Live Event Sharing
- Activity/Gym Profiles Strength, Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Indoor Rowing and Yoga
functions And Features
- Modes Training, Planning and Analysis, Heart Rate, Running, Outdoor Recreation, Cycling and Swimming Features
- Compatibility iPhone, Android, Garmin Connect Mobile, Varia Vision, Varia Radar and Varia Lights
- Features Smart Notifications, Text response/reject phone call with text, Calendar, Weather, Find My Phone, Find My Watch, VIRB Camera Remote
- Material Lens Material: Corning Gorilla Glass 3 | Bezel Material: Fiber-Reinforced Polymer | Strap Material: Silicone
Memory 200 Hours of Activity Data
- Battery Life Smartwatch Mode: Up to 7 Days | GPS Mode with Music: Up to 6 hours | GPS Mode without Music: Up to 24 hours
- Accelerometer Yes
- Compass Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max, % HRR, Recovery time, Auto max HR and HR Broadcast
- Alarms Yes
- Countdown Timer Yes
- Stopwatch Yes
In the box
- 1x Garmin Forerunner 245 Music (Black)
- 1x Charge/data cable
- 1x Documentation